Certification is an excellent way to implement the FairWild Standard in practice. FairWild certification means that buyers - from ingredient traders up to consumers - know they are dealing with legally and sustainably harvested products. They are fair traded, meaning that the benefits are felt by all those involved, right down to the local communities harvesting the wild plants.
FairWild certification is a third-party audited system, requiring annual onsite visits by authorized certification bodies. Over a five year period, the certified operations demonstrate their commitment to the FairWild Principles and Criteria, putting in place the building blocks of a sustainability system and meeting increasing requirements year-on-year.
- Products collected from the wild (e.g. medicinal and aromatic plants, gums and resins, wild fruits, nuts and seeds, mushrooms);
- Processed ingredients for finished products (e.g. essential oils and fatty oils);
- Finished products containing FairWild ingredients (see Labelling).
FairWild approved certification bodies
- Institute for Marketecology (IMOswiss AG), Switzerland. Audits are available through the international network of offices. IMOswissAG is part of the ECOCERT Group.
- Austria BioGarantie GmbH & AgroVet GmbH. Audits are potentially available under a Partner Control Body agreement with IMOswiss AG.
Certified ingredients available
- Download a list of certified operators and products here (PDF) and see participating companies and certified products for further details.
Please note that FairWild certification is not currently available in the People's Republic of China. Please contact the FairWild Secretariat for the latest information.
Next Page » Chain of Custody